|Title||Director of Music Therapy at Bethany’s Children Home|
|Position Title||Director of Music Therapy|
|Company Name||Bethany’s Children Home|
Bethany is currently seeking a full-time Director of Music Therapy at our Womelsdorf campus. Bethany provides residential services for children and youth who are unable to live with their own or a substitute family. Typically, these young people require more structure, more elaborate programming, and more highly trained staff than is possible in a smaller group setting. Bethany’s programming is designed to provide a safe environment to maximize the therapeutic components afforded to the youth. Bethany follows the Sanctuary model of care, which represents a trauma-informed, whole system approach designed to facilitate the development of structures, processes and behaviors on the part of the staff, youth and the community as a whole that can counteract the biological, affective, cognitive, social and existential wounds suffered by youth in care.
The Director of Music Therapy oversees all operations of the music therapy department. This position ensures that music therapy services are available to all residents and maintains quality control over these services. The Director will also supervise Music Therapists and the Music Therapy internship program.
The minimum requirements of the position are as follows:
* Bachelor’s degree in Music Therapy from an accredited school of Music Therapy and a Master’s degree in Music Therapy or related health service is preferred.
* Completion of the Clinical Supervision Training through the American Music Therapy Association and two years of clinical supervisory experience.
* Current Board certification with the Certification Board for Music Therapists with re-certification every 5 years.
* Must pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check.
* Must have health assessment certified by a physician no more than 30 days prior to commencing employment and renewed every two years.
* Must provide current PA Child Abuse, PA Criminal History and FBI Fingerprinting clearances within 30 days of commencing employment.
* Need valid PA Driver’s License
* Attend assigned staff orientation and both ‘in-house’ and ‘outside’ training sessions to maintain required knowledge of state mandated topics and to promote continual growth and development appropriate to job role.
Deadline for applications is Friday, March 29, 2013. To be considered for this opportunity, please email, mail or fax resume to me.
Human Resource Coordinator
Bethany Children’s Home
1863 Bethany Road
Womelsdorf, PA 19567
v. (610) 589-4501 x245
f. (610) 589-5771