Life In Harmony Music Therapy, LLC (LIH) is seeking a board-certified music therapist (MT-BC) who is confident in his/her clinical skills, punctual, organized, resourceful, motivated, and passionate about music therapy to assist with developmental disabilities, mental health needs, and other neurologic impairments.
This is a part-time, salaried, position with flexible hours; hours will be scheduled by the MT-BC. This position will require daytime hours as well as sessions to occur after 3:00 PM (M-F) and Saturdays (based upon client needs). Position will begin with 12 – 18 hrs/wk and is expected to expand to full-time (30 – 35+ hrs/wk) in the next six to twelve moths. Travel time and mileage ($.30) will be included for travel to/from sessions. This position will require driving LIH’s mobile studio (small bus) to rural locations. This position may include the following services: individual sessions, group sessions, school assessments, in-services, music enrichment programs, adaptive lessons, and other tasks. Timely documentation is required following all visits. There will be allowed amount of time per visit for documentation and preparation of interventions; however, it is expected that the therapist be comfortable with various improvisational techniques. Teamwork is a valued asset at LIH and the position will include time for team meetings, collaboration of ideas, discussion of challenging cases, and supervision. Salary and benefits will be determined based upon a six-tier framework which is reflective of anticipated caseload. Benefits outlined below are negotiated based upon the tier-level of each employee.
Start date: immediately
Hours: Part-time (12 – 18 hrs) with intent to move to full-time (30+ hrs) within 6-12 months.
Schedule: Flexible schedule – must be willing to work 3:00 – 7:00 PM and Saturdays.
Wages/Benefits: Negotiable salary with paid driving time and milage ($.30), documentation, preparation, meetings, and supervision. HPSO insurance will be covered by LIH but the therapist may wish to have additional insurance. A large lending library of instruments will be available as well as space to provide sessions. The following benefits may be included (depending on size of caseload/employment status (i.e. 25 hrs+/wk)): PTO, instrument stipend, CMTE stipend, and insurance stipend/possible group plan.
- All applying candidates must have the credential Music Therapist – Board Certified (MT-BC). All applicants to be considered must have a current WI Department of Safety and Professional Services Licensure (WMTR) or have an application pending. Special consideration will be made for individuals with Neurologic Music Therapist (NMT) certification.
- The appropriate candidate will have experience and/or high interest working with children and adults with developmental disabilities, mental health conditions, and other neurologic impairments.
- The candidate must demonstrate confident music skills, effective communication skills (written and verbal), and strong executive functioning skills (organization, problem solving, flexible thinking, etc.)
- Dependable transportation to the LIH facility and to clients’ homes is a must. He/she must provide LIH with a valid driver’s license and must have a good driving record.
- The appropriate candidate will be a self-starter who is able to take direction (verbal and written) and act upon it appropriately, timely, and independently.
- Prior to employment being finalized, a background check will be completed with no areas of concern.